Visitation Time & Rules
The Berrien County Juvenile Center (BCJC) and the Family Division of the Trial Court reserve the right to suspend or cancel the video visitation program at any time.
Video visitation is a free service being offered to youth and authorized visitors while in-person visitation is suspended at the BCJC in response to COVID-19 precautions.
In order to participate in video visitation, the visitor must download the Zoom video conferencing application https://zoom.us/ on a smart phone, laptop or home computer that has video and audio capabilities.
Video visits will begin being offered on Tuesday, March 31, 2020.
All youth are eligible to participate.
The visiting rules for Video Visitation are generally the same as those for visiting in the facility.
A video visit will be a maximum of 20 minutes in length. (Visits may be shorter as determined by a supervisor).
Visitors who have been restricted from visiting any institution may not participate in this program.
If any inappropriate conduct or speech occurs on the behalf of the resident or the visitor the visit shall be terminated.
- Visitors are expected to dress appropriately and avoid clothing that is revealing or provocative
- All visits will be recorded in visitor tracking. - Video visits may be audio/video recorded, and are subject to review for appropriateness.
- Failure to follow these requirements may result in the termination of the visit and/or loss of visitation privileges.
- The Director will decide what restrictions, if any, shall be imposed. If a visitor’s visiting privileges are restricted, he/she will be so informed, in writing by the Director.
- Sunday visitation occurs from 3:15 PM until 5:15 PM.
- Tuesday visitation occurs from 6:30 PM until 8:30 PM.
- Thursday visitation occurs from 3:15 PM until 5:15 PM.
Scheduling a Visit
A visitor may request a time slot based on the visitation schedule. The BCJC will make an effort to accommodate the requested time, understanding the time requested may not be available.
Up to 3 authorized visitors may participate in a video visit.
Visits must be requested at least 2 business days in advance; however, they may be scheduled more quickly based upon availability.
A visitor may request a video visit by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
A visitor MUST include the following information in their email visitation request:
Visitor Name(s) and Date(s) of Birth:
Relation to the youth:
Visitor Home Address(es):
Requested Visit Date:
Requested Visit time slot:
***NOTE*** A valid email address is required to schedule a visit. After a visit is scheduled by the BCJC, the person requesting the visit will receive an email notice containing a link to the visit along with pertinent information on how to connect for the visit.